My name is Joan Mestres. I live in Barcelona and I studied Chemistry, Biochemistry and an MBA. I started in the chewing gum industry in 1996. Since then, I’ve had different positions in different companies (both in Technical and in Sales responsibilities). I worked in more than 40 chewing gum factories and R&D centers, assisting customers in their chewing gum production (formulation, troubleshooting, new product development, etc). I’ve been giving lectures regularly in international institutions such as ZDS (Germany) and Leatherhead Food RA (UK) and also presenting different subjects around chewing gum technology, market trends or new products in Seminars in Singapore, Mexico and Switzerland. I am co-author of the only book published about chewing gum technology and have articles published in several specialized professional magazines.
Currently I offer the following services:
– New Product Development. Expansion of product range.
– Re-formulation or improvement of existing products.
– Advice on processing technology.
– Training and Seminars in-company.
– Market intelligence.
– Contacts with different suppliers related to chewing gum industry (flavours, gum base, sweeteners, colours, packaging material, machinery & engineering, …)